St. Alphonsus Cathedral
Bareilly district – 243 001,
Telephone : (0581) 2423115.
Year of Establishment – 4th Dec. 1868.
Parish Priest – Fr. Julian D’ Souza.
Patron – St. Alphonsus de Ligoury.
Originally, Bareilly belonged to the Agra Province. The Church dedicated to St. Alphonsus de Ligoury was blessed for the divine service on the 4th of December 1868 by Rev. Fr. Alphonsus Mary, O.C, Chandausi and Shahjahanpur were visiting stations from this Church. The sacred Congregation of Propagation of Faith attached it to the Diocese of Lucknow by a decree dated 8th November 1951. In 1951, a parochial school was opened and it was handed over to Canossian Sisters. With the erection of Bareilly Diocese in 1989, the Church was elevated to the status of the Cathedral Church.
Incoming search terms:
- st alphonsus cathedral bareilly