St. Anthonyâ€™s Church
Dist. Nainital – 263 127
Telephone – 05942-224055.
Patron Saint – St. Anthony of Padua.
Year of Establishment – 1895.
Parish Priest – Fr. Nelson Serrao.
Jeolikote is one of the beautiful spots in the Kumaon hills. The land for the mission here was donated by an English Engineer in 1895. Bishop Francis Pesci sent a Priest and a brother to open a new mission. The present St. Josephâ€™s Villa was the first residential building that was built in 1897. When U.P. was affected by famine, 75 orphans were brought to Jeolikote and then the building work was started which is now known as St. Anthonyâ€™s Orphange. IBMV Sisters from Nainital were requested to look after the orphange. Later, with the permission of Bishop Angelo Poli, a small convent and a primary school were built. In 1935, the school was recognized by the government as an Anglo-vernacular middle school. As years passed, need for a new building was keenly felt. In 1958, the imposing new structure of St. Anthonyâ€™s school was constructed.1