St. Jude’s Church
P.O. Chuvapani (Bounsi),
Dt. Banka- 813 104,
Parish Priest – Fr. Mani Kaippan.
Churche Established – 1971.
Fr. Westropp S.J. used to go to Dumaria from Harimohra in the early 1930â€™s and had a good number of Santhals baptized there. Fr. Thadeus Mudry TOR residing in Harimohra built up the place carrying cement bags on his motorcycle! Only from 1971 a priest started living there. The Dumaria Church of St. Jude was blessed on 26th October 1969. After Fr. Tadâ€™s death in 1976 there was no resident priest there. Mass was given from Harimohra. St. Annâ€™s Sisters came in 1983 when Fr. Jose Kunnupuram started living there. The new presbytery was built by Fr. Mathew Kaithara who planted hundreds of seasum trees in the compound. After Kaithara comes Fr. James Koorkakala and then Fr. Alphonse F. who is parish priest now. Dumaria has 1106 Catholics in 233 families living about 40 villages. Dumaria has a pucca road from Bhaljor till the mission under the Pradhan Mantri Gramin Sadak Yojana. Many of Dumaria Catholics are well educated and have jobs in various parts of Bihar and Jharkhand. Dumaria had some priestly and religious vocations also.0