Mary Help of Chrisian

Mary Help of Chrisian

Address:


Mary Help of Christians Church

Pinjivakkam Kandigai
Kadambattur – PO.
Thiruvallur Dt – 631 203.
Tel 044 – 27 65 14 71

Brief History:

The independent migration of Telugu Christians took place in 1786 from the Mission of Olaroo in Guntur District under the leadership of Rev Fr Manenti SJ. The Parish of Pinjivakkam Kandigai was under the Parish of Kilacherry till 1962. Sisters of the Congregation of St. Anne worked here for the growth of the Parish. In 1963 it was made a separate Parish and new Church was constructed by the then Parish Priest,Rev Fr PCBalaswamy who is at present the Bishop of Nellore. Rev Frs L C Rayanna, M Antoni Swamy and Fr M Louis worked strenuously and built roads in this village. In 1994 Fr B K Francis Xavier built a small boarding house and dispensary for this Parish. Fr Y R Dominic Savio built a new middle school for the children. The present Parish Priest Rev Fr John Maria Joseph renovated all the sub-station chapels and constructed a compound wall for the Parish Church.

0