St Paul Church
No.11A, Sathangadu High Road,
Chennai – 600 019.
Tel 044 – 25 99 49 69 / 13 06
Thiruvottiyur was erected as a Parish on 25th January 1961. The first Parish Priest was Rev Fr John Pillaveettil. Before this parish was erected, the people of this area were ministered to by Rev Frs. Maria Selvam SDB, who later served as Bishop of Vellore; Vengola, John Kottaram, Mathew Vettical and Joseph Kottoor. Fr Maria Selvam started offering Mass in a shed in Sadhandapuram area of Thiruvottiyur. Later, due to certain difficulties, mass was celebrated in the residence of Mr M.S.Nathan. The present site was purchased in 1957 and once again Mass was celebrated in a shed, until the new Church was constructed and consecrated for worship in 1961 during the tenure of Archbishop of Madras-Mylapore Most Rev Dr Louis Mathias SDB.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 6.00 pm – English 6.00 am, 7.30 am & 10.00 am (Children) – Tamil0