St Theresa Church
No.4, St Xavier’s Street,
Chennai – 600 013.
Tel 044 – 25 95 16 92
The history of this church dates back to 1890 when it came into existence as a Mission Centre. The northern part of Royapuram, Thiruvottiyur and two principal hamlets known as Kasithottam and Amaranthapuram were under this Mission. At first, this Centre was dedicated to St Francis Xavier’s and later to Our Lady of the Rosary. When His Grace, Dr Louis Mathias, consecrated it on 25th January 1940, he christened it, as St Theresa of the Child Jesus Church she being the Patron of Missions . This Church was canonically erected as a Parish Church by the same Archbishop on 1st January 1942.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 5.30 am, 7.00 am, 10.00 am & 5.00 pm – Tamil
Incoming search terms:
- st therasas church kasimedu com
- st theresas church kasimedu