St. Anthony’s Church
P.O. Kusumghati (Pathargama),
Dt. Godda â€“ 814 147,
Parish Priest – Fr. Mathew Kuttickatt.
Church established – 1987.
Phulbaria was a sub-station of Baromasia. The Patna Jesuits baptized people at Piarom, Tilabad etc. in the 1930â€™s. The church was started by Fr. Anthony Xalxo TOR and completed by Fr. Jacob Neempiaparampil TOR. It was used as a school during the week and a church on Sundays. Fr. Gregory Kuttickal was the first resident priest from 1st November 1987. Fr. Gregory built the school, and later the priestsâ€™ house in a record time of 18 months. The CMC Sisters have a big convent and dispensary there (1973). Fr. Mathew Kuttickatt is the present pastor there. Catholics number : 1338; families 210; villages 40. Distance from Bhagalpur 105 k.m. There is pucca road all the way from Mohanpur-Dumaria Hatia to the mission.0