St. Theresa’s Church
P.O. Charkapathar (B-Deoghar),
Dt. Banka – 814 114,
Parish Priest – Fr. Joseph Cheruchailampil.
Church Established – 1959.
The church property was bought from the Baptists in 1954. Fr. Alex Bombera TOR started living here from that time until his house of straw was burnt in a fire after 2 years. There were catholics in Nowadih nearby where the Patna Jesuits had a small settlement which is still in our hands. The church was blessed by Bishop Thomas Kozhimala on 27-06-2006. The Holy Family Sisters from Trichur started there â€˜mission experienceâ€™ on February 10, 1964. The Parish Priests listed are: Fr. Maurice Buckley TOR (1962-63), Fr. Alex Bombera TOR (1963), Fr. Abraham Kadanthott (1968-70), Fr. Paul Kundorpally (1972-76); Fr. Mathew Chennatt (1978-80), Fr. Alex Pichakappally (1981-82); Fr. Clement Besra (1984-88); Fr. Ruben Soren (1989); Fr. Daniel Kisku TOR (1997-2000); Fr. John Hembrom (2000- ). Number of Catholics 500; families 100; villages 40. Distance from Bhagalpur 80 k.m. Charkapathar has a number of religious vocation and one priest from the soil.0