No. 3, 4th Cross Street,
United India Colony,
Chennai – 600 024.
Tel 044 – 24848075 / 044 – 248041 06
In 1940 the Church of Fathima had its humble beginning in a garage.In 1946, the Bishop of Mylapore purchased four acres of land and a small chapel was erected with the funds raised by the Catholics there. This Church was a sub-station of Nungambakkam Parish. His Execellency Rt Rev M Guerreira who was the last Bishop of Mylapore blessed the foundation stone for the present church. This Church was erected as a Parish on the 10th April 1951and the first Parish Priest was Fr Joseph Thamby. On 21st October 1956 the Archbishop of Madras-Mylapore, Dr Louis Mathias SDB blessed and inaugurated the Divine Worship for the parishioners.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 6.00 am, 7.30 am (Children), 5.00 pm – Tamil, 9.00 am – English Eucharistic Chapel Timings: 7.00 am to 08.00 pm
Incoming search terms:
- fatima church kodambakkam
- kodampakkam fathima madha surch
- catholic church kodampakkam
- Fathima Church Chennai Tamil Nadu 600024
- kodambakkam fatima church mass