St Antony Church
Chennai – 600 002.
Tel 044 – 28 55 31 36.
From the year 1642 to 1832, the Capuchin Fathers ministered to the needs of the local people. In 1873 Pudupet was erected as a Parish. The foundation stone for the Church for a new Church was laid by His Excellency the Most Rev Peter Pisani, Delegate Apostolic of East Indies on 5th January 1921, the 2nd day of the National Marian Congress in the presence of Most Rev John Aelen, Archbishop of Madras. The Church was constructed and consecrated on 14th September 1927 by the Archbishop of Madras, in honour of St Anthony of Padua. A Parish school is run for the poor Anglo-Indian children by the sisters of the Presentation Order. St Anne’s Congregation runs a Tamil school, and a school of commerce. The renovation of the present Church was undertaken by Fr A Vijay Kiran and completed on 14th September 2002.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 6.15 am – English 7.00 am & 10.00 am (Children) – Tamil 6.00 pm – English & Tamil