Our Lady of Good Health Church
Thiruvallur Dt – 602 108.
Tel 044 – 27 16 51 74
The Telugu Christians who migrated from Cuddapah District nearly three centuries back, settled in Kilachery. As the population increased, the settlers of Kilacherry moved on to nearby Pannur, Valarpuram and Molasur Villages during 1959. The parish of Pannur comprising twelve substations was inaugurated on February 1, 1873 by the then Bishop, Most Rev Stephen Fenelly. The first Parish Priest was Rev Fr C R Mitchael. It started as a small Church. But due to the increasing number of Christians, a bigger Church was constructed in 1918. In 1988, a new Church and a community hall was constructed by Fr E Arulappa to commemorate the 125th Jubilee of this Parish .The present Parish Priest, Rev Fr Peter Jerald constructed the Stations of the Cross, road side Calvary and a new open stage. The 300th Jubilee of the Telugu conversions by the Jesuits was celebrated on 11th December 2003. A commemorative Stone was erected on 4th April 2004 by Rt Rev Dr Lawrence Pius D, Auxiliary Bishop & Vicar General of the Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 7.00 am & 9.00 am for Children – Tamil