St Joseph Church
No.30, Vepery High Road,
Chennai – 600 007.
Tel 044 – 25 61 04 39 / 25 61 12 02
This Church was bifurcated from Vepery and created as a Parish on 1st August 1930 by Archbishop of Madras, Most Rev Dr Eugene Mederlet. The first Parish Priest was Fr Mc Cormacks. It is memorable to note that two of the Parish Priests who had served in this Parish viz. Fr S Arulappa and Fr PC Balaswamy were elevated to be the Archbishop of Hyderabad and Bishop of Nellore respectively. The Church which was renovated recently, celebrated its Platinum Jubilee on 21st of August 2005.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 7.00 am, 8.30 am & 5.00 pm – Tamil 8.30 am & 5.00 pm – English
Wed & 19th of every Month