Holy Redeemer’s Church
Pin : 627 657.
When depicting the history of Sokkankudiyiruppu parish, Madurai Mission Notes mention that Fr. Menchele who had been serving that parish resided at Thisayanvilai for a while in 1883. So, it can be derived that church of Christ the King at Thisayanvilai must have been built in the time of the Jesuits. Thisayanvilai which had been a substation of Kootapanai parish became an independent parish in 1970 with 4 substations. Now with 3 of them it is functioning well.
Fr. Sekaran G. 1998
Patron : Christ the King
Feast of the Patron : September