Prayer to Our Redeemer

Prayer to Our Redeemer

Contact Details

Holy Redeemer’s Church
Nedungulam
Tuticorin Dt
Pin : 628 704.
Ph.No : 04639-267879.

Brief History:

Catholicism took root in Nedungulam about 140 years ago. People raised a thatched church with a Cross for worship. In 1920 they tiled the roof of the church and the church was consecrated. The new church was completed in the time of Fr. Irudaya Raja. Nedungulam, which had only 25 families 140 years ago, has now grown as a parish with 100 families. Before becoming a parish in 1984, Nedungulam had always been a substation of Somanathaperi parish. Fr. Cruz Antony in 1979 built a rectory. The first parish priest Fr. M. Irudaya Raja renovated the church. He built a new church at a substation named Madathu Vilai Mettukudiyiruppu and established new schools at Ilayaneri and Pirandarkulam. At Venkatrayarpuram the second parish priest Fr. U. Amaladas started a new church which was completed by Fr. R. Antonydas. Bishop Amalnather consecrated that on the 10 th of January 1993 . In 1997 Fr. Augustine John Berchmans renovated the rectory and the church.

Parish Priests:

Fr. Irudaya Raja M.
Fr. Amaladas U.
Fr. Antonydas R.
Fr. Rex A.J.
Fr. Augustine John Berchmans A.

Patron : Holy Redeemer

Substations:

Venkatrayapuram
Church constructed in: 1993
Our Lady Queen of Heaven Church

Thuvarkulam
Church constructed in: 1960
Our Lady of Lourdes Church

Ilayaneri
Church constructed in: 1943
St. Xavier Church

Varilpilankulam
Church constructed in: 1949
St. Antony Church

Koovakkinaru
Church constructed in: 1932
Our Lady of Lourdes Church

Madathuvilai
Church constructed in: 1959
St. Antony Church

Pirandarkulam
Church constructed in: 1963
St. Aloysius Church

Mettu Kudiyiruppu
Church constructed in: 1986
Our Lady of Veilankanni Church

North Nedungulam
Church constructed in: 1963
St. Antony Church

0