St.Antony

St.Antony

Address:

St. Antony’s Church
Somanathaperi
ThirumulapuramP.O,
Tuticorin Dt
Pin : 627 355.
Ph.No : 04635-255103.

Brief history:

According to the report of 1914, Somanathaperi is a substation of Satankulam. On the 1st of January 1924, it was made as an independent parish with 20 substations, with Fr. X. Gabriel as its parish priest. With great zeal in evangelization, he converted many villages. Fr. Arthur James convered about 50 families of Keelkodangulam and built a church in 1973. He also built a convent. Its substations Elangulam and Mannarpuram also became parishes in course of time. Nedungulam became a parish in 1985. Now it has only 8 sustations. Fr. Soosairaja built a beautiful church and a grotto for Our Lady. They were consecrated on the 13th of June, 1992. Fr. M. Peter built a rectory at the parish center, a charity home and a hospital at Keelkodangulam.

Parish Priests:

Fr. Peter M. 1994

Patron Saint : St. Antony
Feast of the : January 17

Substations:

Kizhakazhuvur
Church constructed in: 1971
St. Antony Church

Barbarammalpuram
Church constructed in: 1951
St. Barbara Church

Thinaiyurani
Church constructed in: 1947
Our Lady of Salate Church

Elangulam
Church constructed in: 1955
St. Ann Church

Ramaneri
Church constructed in: 1991
Our Lady of the Rosary Church

Kadangulam
Church constructed in: 1952
St. Antony Church

0