St.Antony

St.Antony

Address:

St. Antony’s Church
Vilathikulam
Tuticorin
Pin : 628 907.
Ph.No:04638-233535

Brief History:

Vilathikulam parish was established on the 31 st of May 1981 . Some substations of Kizhamudiman parih namely Etthilappanayakkanpatti, Valampatti, Kizhaeral, Melaeral, Ilampuvanam, Ettiahpuram, Pommaiahpuram, and some substations of Nagalapuram parish namely Chinoor, Vathalakarai, Karisalkulam, Vilvamarathuppatti, Kathalampatti, Meenachipuram, Marthandampatti constitute the new Vilathikulam parish. Every substation has a church. This parish was given to the care of the Saletians on the 24 th of September 1974 . Now villages within the territorial jurisdiction of this parish such as Panaiadippatti, Lachmipuram, Keelvilathikulam alias Sampurany also have catholic population.

Parish Priests:

Fr. Antonipichai 1981
Fr. Alwin V. Rayar 1983
Fr. Navajothi 1987
Fr. Jeyaseelan 1988
Fr. Navajothi 1990-1994

Saletian Parish Priests:

Fr. Lawrence S. 1994
Fr. Arulanandam 1995
Fr. Lawrence S. 1995
Fr. Vincent 1998

Patron Saint : St. Antony Church
Feast of the : Second week of June

Substations:

Kathalampatti
St. Xavier Church

Vadalakkarai
St. Michael the Archangel Church

Marthandampatti
Sacred Heart of Jesus Church

Pommaiahpuram
Church constructed in: 1966
Our Lady of Refuge Church

Ettaiahpuram
Church constructed in: 1944
St. John Church

Ilampuvanam
Church constructed in: 1973
St. Peter Church

Melaeral
Church constructed in: 1973
St. Antony Church

Valampatti
Church constructed in: 1973
St. Martin de Porres

Kilaeral
Church constructed in: 1942
St. Sebastian Church

Ethilappanayakkanpatti
Church constructed in: 1973
St. Antony Church

0