Roman Catholic Church
P.O. Poreyahat (Nawdih),
Dt. Godda- 814 153,
Parish Priest – Fr. Christu Raj.
Church Established – 2000.
Siktia mission was established and looked after by the Franciscan TORâ€™s for the last 50 years. It was originally part of Poreyahat and later Kathibari. Started by Fr. Mani Kaipan on 1st April 2000. So far he had baptized 250 adults. Fr Mani had several assistants like Mukti Prakash Minj, Amal Raj, Albinus Murmu and Raphael Murmu, and now Thomas Murmu. Fr. Mani has a full time job at C.D.C., Poreyahat conducting Pastoral Animation and seminars on a regular basis, but Fr. Mani still finds time in the parish work where the Presentation Sisters are of great help. There are some 1500 catholics from 300 families; villages 10. With the Sisters help Mani conducts Sunday Classes for children going to schools other than the mission school. Children also get 3 days seminar on religious subjects. The church dedicated to the Infant Jesus of Prayer was blessed on 08-05-2004.2