Our Lady of Rosary

Our Lady of Rosary

Address:

Our Lady of Rosary Church
Mannarpuram
Tuticorin Dt
Pin : 627 657.
Ph.No : 04637-278104.

Brief History:

Catholics of Mannarpuram in 1923 built a thatched church and from Bangalore the statue of Our Lady of Rosary was brought in 1927. Fr. Raja laid foundation for the new church in 1935. As the work was completed in 1949, Bishop Roche blessed and consecrated the church in the time of Fr. Augustine. The church bell named Maria was installed and for the first time Corpus Christi procession was held in 1954. The vestibule of the church was built in 1971. Mannarpuram was made an independent parish on the 4 th of January 1982 in the time of Fr. Cedric Pieris as the parish priest of Anaikarai. Fr. Joseph Amalraj, the first parish priest constructed the Grotto of Our Lady of Good Health and Fr. Jeya Jothi built the new rectory.

Parish Priests:

Fr. Joseph Amalraj
Fr. Raja Bose
Fr. Jesu William
Fr. James Selvaraj
Fr. Michael Jegathees

Patron Saint : Our Lady of Rosary

Feast of the : October 7

Substations:

Sivanthiapuram
Church constructed in: 1935
Sacred Heart of Jesus Church

Sankanankulam
Church constructed in: 1945
St. Xavier church

South Vijayanarayanam
Church constructed in: 1975
St. Thomas Church

Vijaya Achampadu
Church constructed in: 1973
St. Michael Church

Azhagappapuram
St. James Church

Perumpanai
St. Antony Church

Incoming search terms:

  • Sankanankulam
0