St Joseph

St Joseph

Address:

St. Joseph ‘s Church
Panagudi
Tuticorin Dt
Pin : 627 109.
Ph.No : 04637-245224.

Brief History:

Panagudi became a catholic settlement as catholics from Vadakangulam, Kallikulam and Satankulam began to inhabit this village. In 1870, Fr. Gregory bought five acres of land and built a small church of St. Joseph. He let the Nadars to administer and participate in this church, whereas the Kattikarars to build another church dedicated to the Immaculate heart of our Lady. St. Joseph’s church was renovated through 1891 to 1892. People of its substation known as Pushpavanam or Kadambankulam had been converted by Fr. Causanal. Panagudi was established as an independent parish on the 24th of December 1939.

Parish Priests:

Fr. Soosainather G
Fr. Remigius Missierre
Fr. Viagulam J.M.
Fr. Francis G.
Fr. Lourdumani
Fr. Rosario Coriera
Fr. Devasagayam Fernando
Fr. Devasagayam K.
Fr. Gabriel Devota
Fr. Pangaru
Fr. L.X. Fernando
Fr. Marianus
Fr. J.V. Poobalrayer
Fr. Xavier Ignatius
Fr. Sengol Mani

Patron Saint : St. Joseph
Feast of : May 1

Substations:

Pushpavanam
St. Therese Church

Kalandapanai
Our Lady of Lourdes Church

Vadavilai
St. Xavier Church

Mathakovil
Our Lady of Immaculate Conception Church

Rosmiapuram
St. Michael Church

Location

Incoming search terms:

  • panagudi church
0