Roman Catholic Chruch – Tisri
Roman Catholic Chruch
Dt. Giridih- 815 317,
Asst.P. Priest – Fr. Sebastian D.
Church Established – 1987.
Originally part of Tilkimaran. Tisri was separated in 1988. Fr. Mathew Kuttickatt was the first resident priest at Tisri. The church was built by him and blessed on March 24, 1990. There is a separate High School building at Tisri town where Fr. Sebastian is the Headmaster. Baptismal Register name: Fr. E. DeMeulder (1955); Fr. Hans Henricks S.J. (1965); Fr. Forester S.J. (1966); Fr. Hans Henricks S.J. (1970); Fr. Jacob Kollamparampil (1970); Fr. Stanislaus Murmu TOR (1970-80); Fr. Mathew Kuttickatt (1988-97); Fr. Thomas Marandi (1998-2005); Fr. Zepherius Ekka (2005- ). Number of Catholics 700; families 150; villages 20. Distance from Bhagalpur 220 k.m.