St. Mary’s Church,
P.O. Deodand (Agiamur),
Dt. Godda – 814 133,
Ph. No. 06422-238169, 09431144129.
Parish Priest – Fr. Chacko Kumpalamchira.
Asst. Parish Priest – Fr. John Kujur.
Church Established – 1969.
Originally part of Poreyahat, Fr. Stanislaus Murmu TOR was the first resident priest (1969-76). The Church was built by Fr. Benvenute,TOR. Fr. Thomas Vetticad was the first diocesan priest to be posted there. Fr. James Alumkal followed (1993-97); then Fr. Clement Besra (1998-2002); Fr. Chacko Kumpalamchira (2002- ). Baptismal Register shows No. 2348; according to the annual statistics sent to the Holy See (2006) the number of catholics is 1750 in 350 families. Distance from Bhagalpur 90 k.m. Agiamur has produced some priestly and religious vocations.0