St. Theresa’s Church,
P.O. Bahadurchowk (Mirzachowki),
Dt. Godda â€“ 813 208,
Phone: 06436-266050, 09431612796.
Parish Priest – Fr. Mukti Prakash Minj
Church Established – 1950.
Originally part of Baccha, Fr. Lucas Arulappa started work at Kusumba in 1989. Earlier Fr. Mathew Chennatt was there for a while. The church dedicated to St. Theresa of the Child Jesus built by Fr. Lucas and blessed on 06-02-1991. The parish priests listed are: Fr. Lucas Arulappa (1989-98); Fr. Joachim Jacob (2000); Fr. Gabriel Marandi (2000); Fr. Simon Murmu (2002-03); Fr. Amal Raj (2005-2007), Fr. Mukti Prakash Minj ( 2007- ). Due to the efforts of one Mr. Thakur who was M.P. and now Governor of Orissa there are good roads till Ganti; there is a small bridge across the river near the mission. The Ursuline Sisters from Ranchi started their convent in Kusumba on 12-03-2005. Catholics 1101; families 203; villages 21. Distance from Bhagalpur 70 k.m.0