Sacred Heart Church
Thiruvallur Dt – 631 402.
Tel: 044 – 27 65 53 35
Two independant Telugu Christian migrations took place in the 18th Century. One of that refers to the history of the Kilacherry Church. In 1786 this Telugu Mission consisting of 300 families migrated from Oleroo on the banks of Krishna in the Guntoor district, under the guidance of their Priest Rev Fr Mannenti.This migrated Mission settled on the large tract of waste land, in the villages of Coom Mappaydoo and Cotoor, obtained from the Government. In 1843 this Telugu Mission was tranferred to the charge of Vicar Apostolic of Madras. In 1886 it came under the Archdiocese of Madras and in 1952 it came under the jurisdiction of the Archdiocese of Madras – Mylapore. Registers in Kilachery Church dates back to 1833. The 300th Jubilee of all the Telugu Christians was celebrated on 11th December 2003 in this Parish.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 6.30 am, 10.00 am – Tamil 7.00 am (Kallambedu) & 9.00 am (Gandhipet) – Tamil