The complete rosary in composed of fifteen decades, but it is divided into three distinct parts, each containing five decades. The first part consists of five joyful events in the life of Jesus and Mary, the second part recalls five sorrowful events, and third part considers five glories events.
We being by making the sign of the cross.
Then we say â€œThe Apostles Creed,â€ one â€œOur Father,â€ three â€œHail Marysâ€ and one â€œGlory be to the Fatherâ€ on the small chain.
Then following: Recall the event, say one â€œOur-Father,â€ ten â€œHail Marysâ€ and one â€œGlory to the Father.â€ This completes one decade, and all other decades are said in the same manner with a different event meditated during each decade. At the end of the rosary, the â€œHail Holy Queenâ€ may be recited.
The events (mysteries) of the are scenes from the life of Jesus and Mary. By meditating on these sublime truths we come to a better understanding of our religion: the Incarnation of the Lord, the Redemption, and the Christians life, present and future.
In the following out line the words in parentheses indicate practical application to our daily lives.
The Joyful Mysteries
1. The messenger of God announces to Mary that she is to be the Mother of God. (Humility)
2. Mary visits and helps her cousin Elizabeth, (Love of Neighbor)
3. Mary gives birth to Jesus in a stable in Bethlehem.(Spirit of Poverty)
4. Jesus is presented in the temple. (Obedience to Godâ€™s Will)
5. Jesus is found in the Temple. (Fidelity to Vocation)
The sorrowful Mysteries
1. Jesus undergoes his agony in the Garden of Gethsemane. (Spirit of Prayer)
2. Jesus is scourged at the pillar. (Modesty and purity)
3. Jesus is crowned with thorns. (Courage)
4. Jesus carries the cross to Calvary. (Patience in suffering)
5. Jesus dies on the cross our sins. (self-denial)
The Glories Mysteries
1. Jesus rises from the death. (Faith)
2. Jesus ascends into heaven. (Hope)
3. The Holy Spirit comes to the apostles and the blessed Mother. (Wisdom, Love , Zeal, Fortitude)
4. The Mother of Jesus is taken into heaven. (Eternal Happiness)
5. Mary is crowded queen of heaven and earth. (Devotion to Mary and Final Perseverance)
2 thoughts on “Mary’s Rosary”
Typographical error at 5 Glorious Mystery “Mary is Crowned not Crowded”
Dear Lord,please give my husband (Edwin) a suitable permanent job and good salary in ‘PETROFAC’ company.Thank you Lord all you did in my life. Amen.