St. Joseph’s Church
Dt. Godda â€“ 814 147,
Ph. No. 06437-261392.
Parish Priest – Fr. Michael Hansda.
Asst. Parish Priest – Fr. Joseph Murmu.
Fr. Daniel Soren- Headmaster, High School.
Fr. Michael Hansda- Headmaster, Middle School.
Church Established – 1930.
Baromasia was taken care of from Godda by Fr. R. Bohn, S.J. who bought a little piece of land where the CMC Sisters are now. In the early days no land could be purchased by non-santhals as it was the Damin Koh area. Fr. Thadeus Mudry TOR built the first residence there. The present church was blessed on 19-03-1974. Baromasia witnessed a gala show on December 8, 1962 for the blessing of the school when Bishop Urban was carried on an elephant round the village. Fr. Abraham was the first diocesan priest, assistant to Fr. Simon Engler TOR and Fr. Anthony Xalxo TOR; there followed Fr. George Thymoottil, Fr. Thomas Vetticad; Fr. Gregory Kuttickal; Fr. Michael Kallamplackal, Fr. James Valiapura; Fr. Thomas Marandi. Number of catholics 1500. Number of families 300. Distance from Bhagalpur 85 k.m.