M H Colony
No.9, Railway Colony,
Chennai – 600 029.
Tel 044 – 23 74 38 51
During the year 1958-1959, the Government distributed lands to landless people. Under the able leadership of Mr D Swamikannu, a chapel was built here for the spiritual needs of the local people. The laity contributed for the construction. Later a plot of land was purchased and the present Church named ‘Ascension Church’ was built there. This church was erected as a Parish on the 13th July 1982 and entrusted to the Vincentian Fathers.
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language: 6.00 am, 8.15 am, 8.45 am (Children) & 5.00 pm -Tamil / 7.00 am – English