Votive Shrine of the Immaculate Heart of Mary
No.63, Halls Road,
Chennai – 600 010.
Tel 044 – 26471510
On 5th September 1942, Archbishop Dr Louis Mathias SDB vowed publicly that he would erect a shrine in Honour of the Immaculate Heart of Mary if she preserves the Archdiocese and the Missions from the atrocities of the war.The Archbishop received help from different quarters. The contractor of the Catholic centre volunteered to build the shrine free of cost. A wealthy Frenchman named Mr Proudhomme, living in Kilpauk donated his property called the ‘Fontenoy’ for construction of this Shrine. The foundation of the Church was laid on 20th April 1952 and erected as Parish Church on 6th December 1953.The statue of Our Lady of Fatima was solemnly crowned on the 11th of December 1954. The first Parish Priest was Fr A S Theodre
Sunday Mass – Timings/Language : 6.00 am & 8.30 am – Tamil 7.00 am & 5.30 pm – English Eucharistic Chapel Timings: Divine Mercy – 7.15 am to 8.30 pm
Incoming search terms:
- kilpauk church mass timings